Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'll Not Forget This Day In A Long Long Time ...



.. infact i don't think i will ever forget this day ever, cos' the day was so eventful that i'll have at least 3 to 4 different things to remember this day by. Today morning i wrote in about my plans to attend the IIT Madras's culfest Saarang 2008, and also about the Annual Odyssey Quiz at the Music Academy. I got to be at both places today, and both of them rocked bigtime. Now thats not the real reason why this day will be so memorable, remember me talking about my semester results coming out today, i got them. And surprisingly i managed to get very good results this time, not that i managed to top my class ( whats the big deal about being the topper really ?), but i just managed to get through all my papers and that will suffice for me. I'm so happy now, if you know me personally you'll prolly know about the unfortunate incident that happened a few months back (May 22nd to be precise), a lot of damage was done on that day, and finally for all i care the repair work is done. Others might disagree with me on this ( people who understand what i'm talking about), cos' they might claim the incident did irreparable damage to my life . I say What the fuck is wrong with you ? ( that means i don't agree with you ) and like i said for all i care i'm fine with my life.

I guess i drifted off a bit, now going back to the start of the day, i was at Saarang the whole day, i was planning to attend a lo of event finals if you remember, but all we did today was to chill out all day and we did not attend even a single formal event. I could claim this was cos' i couldn't find my way to the different auditoriums, but the truth is we never tried looking. We just hung out near the informals stage ( with all the stalls and display platforms ) all day and had solid fun. I'll be writing about my Saarang experience very soon. All i can say right now is Saarang is godawesome !!

So after Saarang it was Quiz at Music Academy, the 2008 edition of the Odyssey Quiz. It rocked. The level of quizzing was a lot higher than i expected, to give you an idea of how things were, remember me talking about this guy from SVCE who won the General Quiz at the TransITion '08 in a previous post, he was taking part today and his team was even selected for the finals. But then at the end his team was placed last out of eight teams. The guy who i considered a quizzing champ a week earlier went down without a fight here, not that he wasn't good, only that the others are way better. That was just to give you an idea of how good it was. I even recorded the complete on my PMP and i think i'll be using a few questions from today's event at my college symposium quiz. More on this later, i need to write a detailed post, i'll surely put up a few questions for my readers this time around.

There is also this other reason for me to remember this day real long, today is the first anniversary of Venki's crash on the Pondy ride.

I know this post is really imcomplete with absolutely no details about the two events i attended today, doesn't that seem a little weird cos' i'll never miss writing about events like this.

That is cos' individual posts for each event is coming up real soon.

But i had a very long and tiring day, and i don't think i have anything left in me to write a long drawn write up. So this will have to wait till tomorrow.

Adios till then !!

7 ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS:

*Sajith* said...

i envy you macha.. how on earth you managed to clear 'em..? you have to spend a lot for the treat..

ela said...

kondattam thaan appa.....what to do...it seems that sometimes miracles with bigggggg M seems to happen!!!!
Just kidding...i hope now everyone at ur house can now be peaceful!

Guru said...

@Ela: 'Peaceful' does not do justice to that emotion. My parents are so *new word that makes perfect sense*ed right now ..

@Sajith: Hmm .. Envy la no-no .. You did that last sem, enaku this sem. No big deal ..

Arun Sundar said...

Congrats. I know how it feels to be a topper ;)

Guru said...

@Arun: Thanx .. You do ? ;)

Arun Sundar said...

I used to know ;)

ela said...

ahaaa...enna oru thivyamana conversation....manirathnam style la....pullarikuthu...

 
ss_blog_claim=b3f6d4d2a9c12dbdfb4bcda8dba3cdd0 ss_blog_claim=b3f6d4d2a9c12dbdfb4bcda8dba3cdd0