Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm Screwed.

I busted my Internet Bill today, i use this unlimited nights plan from Airtel ( a measly 256 Kbps ) and today i forgot to turn off my torrent client in the morning, and when i got back from college i found that i had used up around 2 Gb over my free limit( a stupid 400 mb/month during day). At 1.4 bucks per extra Mb of data transfer, i'll have to pay around 2700 bucks for this foolish crappy act of mine. I've been really down since evening cos' of that, just can digest the fact that this small(?) act of stupidity is going to cost me so much ( 3000 bucks in our money is $75).

I'm so screwed with this, i've decided not to do more damage to this month's bill, so i'll not be using the internet in the mornings, but then this is only for 5 more days, cos i've given a request to be shifted into the 24*7 unlimited plan ( i should've done this long back), and i'll be migrating to that plan by next Wednesday. So i guess next Wednesday will not be a sick day for me( check this ), at least not this time.

I've wasted so much money downloading this movie called ' The Good Shepherd'. I read a review someplace on the net about this movie yesterday and thought i should give it a shot. Also it has Matt Damon in it, one of my fav. actors and Jolie. But, now that i've to pay through my nose for this movie, it better be good, else a hate review will be up by this time tomorrow.

I don't know exactly by how much i exceeded my free usage limit, that 2Gb estimate was the worst case, i really hope i get charged for much less than that. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed when my bill comes over at the end of this month.

Random Stuff:

Watched Saw 4 yesterday, i'm a huge fan of the Saw series of movies ( and like every true Saw fan - i like the first one the most ). Pretty good. Watch it soon if you haven't. Can't wait for the next installment of the Saw treat. Saw 5, 6 are already announced, so i guess i'm busy on Halloween weekends for two more years.

Also watched 1408 today (hmm.. two horror movies in two days. If you didn't already know i'm not a huge fan of horror movies. That is cos' regardless of how crappy the movie is, i still get mighty scared every time. I slept next to my father the first time in two years, after i watched the climax of Saw 1. I was just too scared to sleep alone that night (can't blame me though)). Anyways i skipped a lot of scenes in this movie, but it was pretty good and i would recommend it to anyone. But, if you travel alone and spends nights at hotel rooms regularly, this is one movie you should avoid, cos' honestly i don't think i stay alone in a hotel room after this ( what if it was haunted too ??? ) .

Thats pretty much all, stay tuned cos' a few more interesting(?) posts coming up this weekend.

4 ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS:

vijay said...

2 GB ????Thats too much ......

You should probably shift to bsnl 500 plan soon...that's the ideal plan for you...


N hey about the saw 4 and 1408 reviews-the last para of your post isn't clear as to wether you are talking about saw4 or the other movie...pls edit..

N people,i too watched saw4 today ....Awesome stuff,My order of priority would be 1,4,2,3....

ela said...

Hmmm...i still remember reading the Dragula book during my bachelors and was scared for the whole weekned since my roommates went home...everytime i saw the window i only saw a bat hanging there and watching me.....nowadys i am not that much afraid of scary movies or ghosts....think that´s becoz i have met much more horrible living people who can make one´s life a hell....

sorry for ur bill...but that happens....i have also cursed myself for days since i left the heating turned on and went for an extended weekend....

Arun Sundar said...

Video Piracy'kku ivlu build-up'a?

And I almost puked after watching Saw-IV in the theatres. uwaaaack.

Guru said...

@Arun: Enna panrathu .. Even if i wish to watch all these movies in movie halls, namma oorula only superhero films, animation films and harry potter movies.. And buying movie DVD's at 400 bucks per movie is just impossible. So we really don't have a choice..

I'm so used to p2p and torrents now that i even forget all this is actually illegal.

And about Saw 4, the traps are really gross (particularly the hair ripping one).

 
ss_blog_claim=b3f6d4d2a9c12dbdfb4bcda8dba3cdd0 ss_blog_claim=b3f6d4d2a9c12dbdfb4bcda8dba3cdd0