Wednesday, March 12, 2008

That Is All .. We're Finally Done ..

I'm not talking bout' me ending a relationship or something, but my department symposium ( remember all that domain name registration issues and 'info blog design phase' posts ?).



We were in charge of the Quiz, we had to conduct a elims and an on-stage finals for this. << This took up my whole day today. But, then the event came out pretty well ( right ?), so i guess it was worth all the effort we put in ( but then i don't claim all the questions to be mine, we just collected questions from a lot of quizzing blogs and put them together, ofcourse after some editing and all that). I prepped 33 q's for the elims and around 60 super-awesome q's for the finals, but then we did not have time to complete the full set ( we managed only 25, damn .. and a lot of my fav. q's were not used, but then prolly i'll use them for the next quizzing event at my college ( that is assuming they let me do it another time .. )

I actually had to make the slide show for the final event two times, first time was when i stayed up all night(Monday nite), bunked college in the morning and made slides for 70 q's. That afternoon in college, vijaykrishna and me were editing the ppt, and some screwed up trojan shit virus corrupted my ppt file. I did not back up my data so i had to stay up yesterday and do the whole thing again - 120 slides in 4 hours flat. hmm ..

I'll be posting questions i used in the elims here in sometime, just check them out and tell me if they were okay.. ( this time i'll surely post them here, cos' i have the doc with me somewhere here).

Tomorrow we'll be back in classes, its going to be very hard for all of us, cos' for the last two weeks we never had regular classes (and last 3 days were totally free ('op')), all cos' of this reason.

But then classes or no classes, nothing really changes for us ..

That is pretty much all ... I'll still stay up tonight, but then for different reasons.. i'll maybe watch a few episodes of CSI, i've just started with this and maybe a few hours of counterstrike, yep .. i'm back ;) ..

Cheers

2 ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS:

moulana said...

"I prepped 33 q's for the elims and around 60 super-awesome q's for the finals, but then we did not have time to complete the full set ( we managed only 25, damn .. and a lot of my fav. q's were not used, but then prolly i'll use them for the next quizzing event at my college ( that is assuming they let me do it another time .. )"
I consider the above line directly points me....[;)] Really very sorry guru not not giving u enough time... really very sorry but Pls do understand my position too... Actually i was cornered to do it....
To be honest U gave a best show da... really its was toooo proffesional... really we all admired u... But still due to few unavoidable pressure`s from ur staff side i stopped u... really very sorry for it...
I pray to God almighty tat U should have a better ON Stage slot atleast next time....!!!!!
Moulana

Guru said...

^^ You got me wrong, that line wasn't bout' you. And saying all this was your fault is just you being very modest. This was not your fault in any way, you just did what you had to do. Right ?

You were incharge of the events and you had to make sure everything was happened according to the schedule, that is huge responsibility cos' a lot of things tend to go amiss in such situations. You had to make these last minute changes, and like i said you just 0did what you had to do.. I would've done the same thing if i were you.

No regrets and No apologies required..

Actually i need to thank you for moving my event after dumb-c,. The audi was almost full by then and that was all i asked for. Remember ?

And thanks a lot for all those kind words.. It takes a lot of character to say stuff like this to someone who is your junior.

Cheers..

 
ss_blog_claim=b3f6d4d2a9c12dbdfb4bcda8dba3cdd0 ss_blog_claim=b3f6d4d2a9c12dbdfb4bcda8dba3cdd0