Monday, March 3, 2008

Yippee !! My First Ever Contest Win...

I won a Words To Know Contest over at Emma's blog yesterday.

The contest was really simple, Emma blogs about 'writing' and she has a weekly series called 'Words to Know', this is just a collection of 10 new words with their meanings and for the contest, i just had to form a sentence using any four words from the list and post a comment. That was all .. This time around she did not have too many participants ( thats cos' she did not advertise this edition of the contest on the contest blogs, forums), there were only 6 contest entries and my name was picked in the random draw. I just got lucky ;)

Emma's Its Write Now has been on my feed reader for real long, i stumbled upon her blog during my MMO phase, but then her blog isn't really bout' making money online. She writes about 'writing and how, and where to write and about getting published, making money, marketing and blogging' ( in her own words), and let me just say she's among the few bloggers i admire in the MMO niche ( i guess i can put her blog under this). Her blog has a right mix of MMO content, blogging tips, writing tips and i guess thats the reason i kept following her blog even after the MMO phase passed.

The prize was $20 through PayPal ( finally my PayPal account sees some activity, i had never used PayPal till yesterday, though i signed up almost a year back). I'm looking to use this money to buy the domain name i was eyeing all these days ( now i can buy from Godaddy and pay thru PayPal instead of paying 450 bucks at Squarebrothers). So very soon this money will buy me a domain name and i'll start publishing this blog on my own domain ( i know i don't need a own domain right now, and i certainly don't deserve one, but then my present blogger url is really huge and tough to remember, right ? thats the real reason i'm looking to shift).

Thanks Emma !!!

BTW she has a post announcing my win here.

And. here is a screenshot of my PayPal homepage ( just for the heck of it ) ;)



Cheers.

12 ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS:

VIJAY a.k.a VJ said...

Congrats da...online money making huh??
Great...

Yayathy said...

Congrats macha.........

Emma said...

Thanks for the great write up. I hope that domain is lucky and makes you a lot of money. Your right about the MMO niche. Of course it's something I'm interested in but sometimes being labeled as such is hard. Although there is a thriving community and it's nice to be a part of it. Thanks for all of the kind words and congratulations. Emma

Ela said...

Hmmmm...the one time i got lucky was for 3 euros.....i went to an Irish Music night with my friends, all my friends passed thru paying the money and i was stopped...for a second we were all shocked, then the person told that i was 100th person that night and my entrance is for free!

so have fun with ur lucky money!

Ela said...

And BTW, the sentence u formed was really a nice one! so guess u deserve 20 dollars!

cheers

mac said...

already tried online money making,not working for me..

Your Online Guide said...

Congratulations for winning the contest... just one question, you mentioned about buying a domain thru Paypal, is that possible? I want to buy my own domain but I don't have a credit card.. can I really use paypal to buy a domain? How? Thanks. I will wait for your help.

Guru said...

I was just going to use the money in my PayPal account to buy a domain. But then i'm sure a lot of domain registrars accept payment thru' paypal, like GoDaddy for example, check this. I suggest you use GoDaddy for all your domain purchases. They have a good support back up and the prices are really competitive too.

Cheers.

art said...

congrat..I'd never know life can be so easy!!

Trunx said...

congrates da... u deserve...[:)]

personal loans said...

congrats to you my fren.

St Paul Law Firm said...

Congrats! I will check this out and see whether I get some luck on it. Thanks for your idea.

 
ss_blog_claim=b3f6d4d2a9c12dbdfb4bcda8dba3cdd0 ss_blog_claim=b3f6d4d2a9c12dbdfb4bcda8dba3cdd0