Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Very Sluggish Start To The Holidays.

After all the enthusiastic talk about my holidays, i guess they've gotten off to a very slow start wonly. I hardly ever left the house these two days and i don't think i've slept so much in a day ever before. Eat-Sleep-Eat-Sleep, that is all i do. Of course there are movies, watched 'Sweeney Todd: The demon barber of fleet street' yesterday, 'Blow' the day before and planning to watch 'From Hell' today. This seems to be a 'Johnny Depp' vaaram for me.

I stayed up the whole night to read Forsyth's 'The Afghan' on my comp( does anyone else read fiction thru e-books ? or am i the only crazy one here?). This was the only remaining Frederick Forsyth book for me, now i'm done with them all. My favorite still is 'Fist of God' prolly cos' it was my first Forsyth novel and 'Mike Martin' i think is the coolest Forsyth hero ever( the same guy reappears as the lead in 'The Afghan', SPOILER: Too bad he dies in the end :( ). Now, i've run out of authors, any suggestions ? Is Robert Ludlum any good ? I've read his Bourne series of novels, they were okay ( cos' i liked the movies better).

Also started with Season 1 of 'Heroes' today, it is good so far.Two complete seasons left in this show, so that should keep me busy for at least a week.

Too bad i don't get the IPL telecast at home at least that will keep me busy in the evenings, for some reason the cable operator decided to stop giving us the channel( of course it was available through my exams, and now when i'm totally free i don't get it .. Damn ..). Got no choice but to follow the ball-by-ball text commentary on Cricinfo.

Cleaned out my room yesterday , and took my comp apart to clean everything and put it back, cos' i was bored. But very wrong choice to beat boredom, cos' when i put everything back together the UPS wasn't working. Don't know what went wrong, so i have the comp running on the regular power now. Don't think i'll buy a new one for now, if i had the money i would instead buy a DVD writer to back up all my movies and TV shows, it is very difficult to Shift+Del 10Gb of a particular TV show you love, just cos' you need to make space for the new stuff. Right now i've got less than 50mb free space on each of my partitions ( only got a 80Gb drive), and with the heroes download going on, i should choose to delete something now. Just can't decide which one but ..

Got 15 mins to make that choice or pause the download, which i won't like too much cos' i'll be left with no episodes for tomorrow. Okay i'll get back to the choosing now ...

Thats pretty much all,

More later ..

8 ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS:

LouisV said...

Haha, watched Sweeney Todd, excellent movie, the ending however very sad, seeing his wife dead under his own knife.

Shrinivas said...

Hmm..thats what holidays are meant for doing things you wont even think of..me too searching for the best author other than Fredrick forster...did u tried Irvin Wallace? I liked his short stories...by the way..let me know how to access e-books/e-novel..

Guru said...

I've not ever read Irving Wallace. But also, i'm not into short stories, full size novels are my type. Anyways i'll give it a shot.. Thanks for the suggestion.

I use esnips.com for ebooks.. Thats the best site for me so far. any other better place for ebooks ?

body builder said...

Sweeney Todd, i only like the intro. full of blood. i dont really like musical film.

Shrav said...

Dude.. was just dropping by off kiruba's blog! Yea, the holidays have started slowly for almost everyone.. Lets blame it on the heat!

Guru said...

Yep, i've seen over you there too.

Yeah, the heat is hard. But, in my case i think i'm just lazy to do anything. That is the real reason..

zohaisx said...

Hey.. Louis no spoilers =/ How for those who haven't seen the show. But then yeah. It's so predictable that that would be the wife. Haha. One of the best musical show I have seen.

exfatguy said...

Louisv... what a great way to spoil it... but yet I'm still gonna watch it... its normal to have sluggish day once in a while that why its call life...

 
ss_blog_claim=b3f6d4d2a9c12dbdfb4bcda8dba3cdd0 ss_blog_claim=b3f6d4d2a9c12dbdfb4bcda8dba3cdd0