Saturday, September 20, 2008

On Compering ...

I am totally not comfortable with reading lines from script. To realize this in the middle of an event infront of 500 people is sic. I just cannot modulate my speech even if my life depended on it. I don't understand how some people manage to read a script and still sound 'not fake', still get the timing right et. al. I just don't think i'm that gifted period.

According to me hosting events, say a quiz is way way easier, you get to be spontaneous and say any shite you feel like. You don't have to worry about modulation, timing, content, speed etc. I'll take that over puking out a script any day.

And, thank you Thanamoi for that award. And ya, i still remember my first time on your blog. I think i got there following a comment you left on one of my posts, and the first thing i noticed was that i was already on your blogroll. wow.. I'll always remember that about your blog..

Also, i0'm sorry for taking so long to 'accept' your award. I noticed the comment only a few days back, i've been wanting to write a post ever since. Infact, i think i started writing this post sp that i could accept your award.

Cheers... Rock on!

3 ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS:

-=A.R.N.=- said...

Hmm, back in my college days; I used to compere for events. And I must say, I really enjoyed it!

Guess that's what makes people different from each other.
:)

Guru said...

Yep .. Compering is fun and all, i totally accept that.. But i find it really difficult to read lines off a script, forget even the prob with reading from a script i hate to artificially stuff in two to three please's and the like in every sentence i speak .. But when you do a quiz or anything like that, you get to decide what you want to speak. That was my point..

Cheers

michtans. said...

any idea what would make a good compere-ing script?

 
ss_blog_claim=b3f6d4d2a9c12dbdfb4bcda8dba3cdd0 ss_blog_claim=b3f6d4d2a9c12dbdfb4bcda8dba3cdd0