Monday, November 3, 2008

Of Friends...

This friend called me up at 10pm and asked me to come out of my house and meet up with him. Now what is so not-normal about this ? I know this guy from my first semester in college (three years back that is) and we were in the same class for like 6 months. He was one of my first friends in college and we all had this small close knit group back then, it was fun. I shifted classes after that and we really never saw much of each other. We exchanged 'hi 's' when we crossed each other in college, the occasional meetp-ups when i sometimes went over to see guys from my old class, that was all.

And today all of a sudden he turns up and starts talking about how much he's wanted to catch up with me all these years and goes on to speak about wanting to stop by to just see me every time he goes past my place and how it never happened till today et. al. . I was seriously touched. We then were talking about 'those times' for sometime and he left with promises to meet more often.

I don't think he knew... he made my day

4 ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS:

-=A.R.N.=- said...

Yeah, happened to me once at a quarter past midnight on a weeknight.
Amazing experience...especially when its been a while since you've been in touch.

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

That is so sweet of your friend.. I get the same nice feeling when my school friends drop by to jus say hi..

Thanks for dropping by my blog. You've got an interesting blog here :)

Guru said...

@Rahman: Yep.. This is kind of the first time someone has taken the effort to surprise me with something like this. I had no idea about how to react..

@Shalini: miss, thanks for dropping by here. btw I think might know you from somewhere, but can't exactly place you.. anywayss..

Kevin said...

maybe he is gay :D kidding, it's nice to someone who was your good friend once :)

 
ss_blog_claim=b3f6d4d2a9c12dbdfb4bcda8dba3cdd0 ss_blog_claim=b3f6d4d2a9c12dbdfb4bcda8dba3cdd0