Friday, November 14, 2008

Vaaranam aayiram - Movie review.



...will be up here in 6-7 hours from now(hopefully), going for the evening show at Sathyam Cinemas with friends.

Adios

Edit: Here is the review as promised... and i'm sorry Rahman for the false alert.

First of all i'm not going to say anything about the 'story' part at all. Any discussion about how good/logical/bad the story is would be useless cos' this is not a movie you see for its 'story/music/screenplay etc.', but you need to watch it for the magic it creates within you (IMO).

Gautham and Surya together have made a very sincere movie with so much effort, i would've watched it even if it were boring/dull/useless.. and... then they actually made it 'interesting/awesome/true/pure/(all possible positive adjectives for describing movies)'. Wow.. What more could I ask for ? The film's sincerity makes up for all the tiny flaws it has. The movie might be 3 hours or so long, some people might call this movie a 'drag', but not for me. There was this moment in between the movie when i felt i wanted it to go on forever without an end.

Nothing i say would be enough here. I could write on for a few hours about this movie if i wanted to and still have so much left unsaid.

Can't wait to rewatch it again... for me this movie is a perfect 10.

End.

just go watch it and tell me what you think of it.. i'm waiting to discuss the movie with other people..

Edit 2: I open the paper today and got to read this VA 'review' by 'Bhama Devi Ravi'.

@her: Never find fault with an artist for not doing what he never set out to do in the first place'. Gautham menon never said he was making a 'muvee' and your review goes to all lengths to tell us how and why this isn't a normal muvee.. and that is exactly what is wrong with your review. You need to understand the intentions of the director and then check if he did a good job of what he wanted to do ithinks.

Cheers

5 ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS:

-=A.R.N.=- said...

Ah, bummer.
When I read "Review" on my RSS feed, I thought you'd seen it already and was doing a review on it.
:(

dilip said...

I did also read review of VA in TOI and found it ridiculous. they have rated it at 2 stars and all the people who have seen it say the movie is actually good but the TOI says the opposite...i guess i'll find out myself.

ThanaMoi said...

I watched it... i think it was awesome... Loved it... :)

Sindhu said...

My mom wants to watch this movie. I was wondering whether to watch it with her or not, but your review sounds pretty promising, so maybe I will. :)

P.S - Nice blog! Came here from Rahman's blog.

4love said...

wooow...i want to see this movie :(

 
ss_blog_claim=b3f6d4d2a9c12dbdfb4bcda8dba3cdd0 ss_blog_claim=b3f6d4d2a9c12dbdfb4bcda8dba3cdd0